Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Top 5 Funniest Will Ferrell Quotes in Anchorman

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.  The last truly great movie Will Ferrell starred in.  It popped into my mind on my drive home, so now I must remind you all of the funniest lines Ron Burgundy spoke--behold (and follow the links for clips):

5: Veronica: "For the entire Channel 4 news team, I'm Veronica Corningstone."
Ron: "And I'm Ron Burgundy.  Go fuck yourself, San Diego."

4: "Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named in San Diego, which of course in German means 'a whale's vagina.'"

3: "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.  People know me.  I'm very important.  I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."

2: Brick: "Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident."
Ron: "Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that.  You should find yourself a safe house or a relative close by.  Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder."

1: "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice."

If you don't know or can't remember these quotes, go watch the movie again!  Really, it's one of the funniest movies of the last 10 years.  Hmmm, that might make a good top 5...

What are your favorite quotes from Ron (or from Anchorman in general)?  Share them below (and don't forget to share this post on Facebook!).

3 comments:

  1. Great list, but.... I love Step Brothers and The Other Guys which both came out since Anchorman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, when in Rome!

    ReplyDelete