Sunday, September 18, 2011

Top 5 Yo Gabba Gabba Characters

It doesn't matter if you watch this show--just read on and make sure to play along and follow the links.  I watch this show.  I have to.  My son is 1 1/2 years old.  He likes to dance to the theme music.  I am taking him to the live version of the show with my friend and his daughter.  This will be the first live show I've attended since my son's birth.  This is what my life has become.  Anyway, here's this bizarre show's best characters:

5: Biz - Biz Markie is "Just a Friend" to the characters in Gabba land, which is just fine.  I'm pretty sure he's on the show to remind us how old we are--he was popular over 20 years ago.  He also teaches children how to beat box.

4: DJ Lance Rock - The host of the show who's always smiling.  He's 1/2 Pee Wee Herman and 1/2 Shock G from Digital Underground (of "Humpty Dance" fame).  He's a goofy guy who's probably okay in real life.  I imagine this gig causes him to suffer mercilessly at the hands of his friends.

3: Do It - Watch this clip at about 1:15.  A guy named "Do It" comes out and breaks it down.  This one scene earns him a spot above all but two characters the show has featured.  I have asked multiple adults about this segmant, and not one can make any sense of it.  The biggest mystery--why is he named Do It?  Oh Yo Gabba Gabba, you are an enigma.

2: Leslie Hall - Words cannot do justice to what this lead singer of Leslie and the LY's did on this show.  For this impossible-to-turn-away-from train wreck, see here.  Every time I rewatch it, I can't believe it.

**WARNING--THE FOLLOWING LINK IS NSFW**
1: Muno -  "He's tall and happy!"  He's the lead of the show.  He's also a giant studded dildo who's teaching your children.  The picture speaks for itself.

My name is Kooz. I like to dance!  I also like comments--make 'em below.  

3 comments: