Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Top 5 Reasons I Hate Falling Asleep on the Train

This happened last night, and there are a number of reasons I'm pissed--5, to be exact.  Here are the top 5 reasons to be pissed you fell asleep on the train.

5: You look like an idiot.  Everyone else on the train is looking at you and laughing (out loud or silently to themselves), especially every time you jerk awake with a confused look on your face.

4: You sound like an idiot.  Do you snore, make little noises, or talk in your sleep?  Well, you are doing it on the train in front of everybody, either making them laugh or pissing them off.  Well done.

3: Few things are as depressing as that moment when you wake up and realize the train passed your stop long ago, and your mind reels as you scramble to figure out what to do next.

2: Depending on the time of night, there may not be any return trains until after 4 a.m.  Depending on the station, there may not be any cabs either.  Hope you brought a book. 

1: Good, you brought a book.  But where is it?  In your scramble to get off the train after your sudden awakening and realization that you missed your stop, did you leave your book on the seat?  Oh well, it's just a book.  You have your keys though, right?  Your wallet?  Your phone?...

It all worked out for me in the end, but it really sucked.  For the record, I have my phone, etc.  Has this ever happened to you?  Share your stories below.

2 comments:

  1. I've slept on the train. Good thing my stop is usually the last stop. The bigger problem for me has been missing the last train out of Manhattan, which also really sucks. Hotels are super expensive in New York

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.  I think this may be twice now that I have been involved in an evening where you fell asleep on the train.  Perhaps I am a bad influence...

    ReplyDelete