Tuesday, December 13, 2011

QUIZ: Top 5 Acronyms Only Nerds Know

I am a nerd, and this proves it--I can tell you what each of these acronyms stands for.  Can you?  A hint follows each one.  An overall hint: several answers can be found on this page. 

5: TNG - Mr. Crusher would know this one, which sorta sucks.

4: BSG - This acronym was created by man.

3: MIB - Not a movie involving Will Smith, but something you might relate to his action figure.

2: PEBKAC - Everyone in IT should get this; everyone who has called IT has probably had this issue.

1: TARDIS - It's bigger on the inside.

If you aren't embarrassed, post below how many out of 5 you know.  If you think you can stump others, add additional acronyms below as well.  I'll post answers after people have a chance to look.

(If you like this quiz, check out this Christmas movie quote quiz.)

10 comments:

  1.  IT department always writes back PEBKAC in their response emails .. fml haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious--is that the only one you knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the dredded ID 10T error?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad but I only knew 2 of the 5. When I looked up the others it made sense...

    Got 3 and 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know 5, 4, 3, and what #1 IS, though not all the words that make up the acronym. I think that's sufficiently nerdy.


    -Jim in LA

    ReplyDelete
  6. The answers are:

    5 - (TNG) Star Trek: The Next Generation
    4 - (BSG) Battlestar Galactica
    3 - (MIB) Mint In Box (condition, not candy)
    2 - (PEBKAC) Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair
    1 - (TARDIS) Time And Relative Dimension In Space (Dr. Who's spacecraft)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know only number 2  and 5.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post man my friend and I had a fun time with this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, you qualify as a nerd.  You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete