Monday, January 2, 2012

Top 5 Realistic New Year's Resolutions

Here are my resolutions for the new year, along with how I expect them to go.  I resolve to:

5: Visit Family and Friends - Respond "yes" to every Evite; skip the New Year's brunch I'm invited to because I'm hung over.  Decide that since I've already blown this one, I'll focus on the other four.

4: Start Exercising - Sign up for a gym membership.  Go twice, then sign up for a spin class that I skip.  Constantly find excuses to avoid going to the gym.  By June, start looking into what the penalty is for canceling my gym membership early.

3: Quit Drinking - Let's see, I started drinking on New year's Eve, but kept drinking past midnight.  Busted... Next?

2: Eat Healthy - ("Healthily"?  I dunno.)  Eat yogurt for breakfast, almonds for a snack, salad for lunch, and fish for dinner; crash and eat a tub of ice cream in front of the t.v. at 11:30; go to bed wallowing in self-loathing and contempt, feeling like the fat pig I am and always will be.  Keep this up until January 3rd, then lose all pretense of eating right.

1: Save Money - Only spend money on things that I need to.  Waste money on a gym membership, booze, ice cream.  Resolve to make better resolutions next year.

Share your resolutions below!  (Or tell us how quickly you broke them!)

5 comments:

  1. OMG! David these words are like straight out from my heart.I feel absolutely same for the new year, but only thing is that I might try it a bit more from my side to get things in order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool resolution!

    But this new year my only resolution is "take care and be fair"

    *Applicable to all things in my life.

    I have also a gift for you too...Click here to see

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you Arnab.  I think I need to get my life in order this year as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nayan, thank you!  That is quite an honor!  I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here are mine resolutions: lose some more weight, write my blog every day (khm khm), visit my family and friends more often...

    ReplyDelete