Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Top 5 Things I'll Miss Now That I Have 2 Kids

A beautiful, healthy baby boy just joined me, my wife, and our 2 year old son.  I live for my family, and they make me happier than anything in the world.  But that isn't to say family life is always a bed of roses.  At the risk of getting nasty looks from my beloved bride, here are the top 5 things I miss most now that I have 2 sons.

5: T.V. - We bring the baby home today, which means he'll sleep in a bassinet in our room, which means we'll need to keep quiet, which means I won't be able to watch t.v. at night.

4: The Internet - I like to skate the world wide webs when I am up at night.  I will be up at night a lot with the baby.  I will not have free hands to navigate a mouse and keyboard.  I will be awake, inches from the internet, but with my hands full of bottles and diapers.

3: Free Time - Our toddler finally got to a schedule where he sleeps at a specific time and stays down through the night.  While he's awake, he's a handful.  When he's asleep, my wife and I can relax, have dinner, watch t.v., read books, and do whatever else we feel like.  New baby needs to be fed every 2 hours, and needs to be attended to between feedings.  I'll miss you, leisure activities!

2: Sleep - Sleep will, at best, come in hour-and-a-half spurts, as we awaken to feed the new baby every 2 hours.  This means we wi-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...  Huh?  Sorry; fell asleep.

1: My Wife - The tolls of pregnancy, childbirth, and nursing, combined with the lack of sleep and free time will mean it will be a while before my wife and I get to spend some quality alone-time together.  I'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow.

I will miss all these things, but I'm happy to give them up forever for the light my boys shine into my life every day!

8 comments:

  1. hey man, you should not just think for yourself. You are a dad! And you have to take the responsibility.....

    You should enjoy a party with your family for the newly baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kooz!  Having just had our second kid ourselves, it's a lot of work.  You may have to cut down your top lists... is kooztop3.blogspot.com available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. first off congrats again! it's funny because these are all the same things i would list with the birth of your first child! lol

    when we first brought our daughter home from the hospital and she was in the bassinet in our room i watched so much tv without the sound it was driving me crazy! it was only after a month or so i figured out how to put on the captioning!  

    good luck and congrats again! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats David! No you get it why I am really afraid of having one :) You have yourself explained it so easily in your 5 bullet points

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Arnab!  Yeah, it gets crazy, but all kidding aside, they really are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Captioning is key!  Thanks Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Nick--it's been so much work so far, and I'm still checking in with the office and trying to write a blog post a day, so it's even crazier.  At least grandma is helping out...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Nayan, I do enjoy it.  I hope everyone knows I was just kidding when I was complaining in this post.  In reality, I realize I am very fortunate to have two happy, healthy children to love!

    ReplyDelete