Thursday, February 16, 2012

Top 5 Bad-ass Clint Eastwood Roles

Kooz and Guest Blogger Jessica Nieves team up to offer today's Top 5...

"I'm Clint Eastwood.  Go f*ck yourself." - (not) Clint Eastwood
How bad-ass is Clint Eastwood?  Before Chuck Norris goes to sleep at night, he checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood.  Here are Clint's most kick-ass roles...

5: Frank Kowalski (Gran Torino, 2008) - The man is 78 years old, and still a bad-ass--or a cranky old racist; it's hard to tell in this movie--either way, he'll still give you a beating.

4: Frank Corvin (Space Cowboys, 2000) - Clint plays a retired USAF pilot and engineer who is the only person who can disarm a dangerous nuclear Soviet satellite.  Long story short, eh heads into space with his old crew (of old guys) and a young crew of astronauts (with whom the old guys fight).  In the end, Clint saves the day by being a heroic (yet atypical) bad-ass.

3: Josie Wales (The Outlaw Josey Wales, 1976) - In this Western, Clint is bent on revenge for the brutal murder of his wife and son.  In his journeys, he encounters several people who join him as travelling companions.  He also encounters countless (literally--there were so many I lost count) other people whom he kills.

2: Will Munny (Unforgiven, 1992) - Clint plays a former gunslinger who makes one last run at some cash by killing a couple of cowboys who cut up a prostitute.  Throughout the movie, we learn he's a reformed sinner--his reputation is that of a killer, but he seems to regret any misdeeds in the past.  At the end of the movie we learn just how true the stories are, and see just how far the sheriff and town have caused him to fall.  Two quotes stick out: "That's right.  I've killed women and children.  I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another.  And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned." -and- "All right, I'm coming out.  Any man I see out there, I'm gonna shoot him.  Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, but I'm gonna kill his wife, all his friends, and burn his damn house down."

1: Harry Callahan (Dirty Harry, 1971) - Clint utters the most famous bad-ass line ever written for the big screen: "I know what you're thinking: 'did he fire six shots or only five?'  Well to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself.  But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: 'do I feel lucky?'  Well, do ya, punk?"


2 comments:

  1. MintmochaformimiMay 30, 2012 at 1:08 AM

    Haha i found this while checking out your new entry (the Troy McLure entry :)) and i must say i love Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino too :) you're right. He's old, can't exactly kick ass but he was BAD ASS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Mintmochaformimi!  Eastwood is just the man--what an awesome guy!  I'm glad you stopped by and I hope we see you back here soon!  

    ReplyDelete