Saturday, February 25, 2012

Top 5 McDonald's Secret Menu Items

McDonald's (obviously among the best fast food restaurants) has a secret menu.  I SAID--McDONALD'S HAS A SECRET MENU!!!  Shout it from the rooftops.  No longer are we saddled with a meager 106 menu options (seriously--count them up).

This could be good.
5: McKinley Mac - This is a Big Mac, but instead of regular burgers, quarter-pounders fill the bun.  Apparently, it's on the menu in Alaska, but legend has it that it can be ordered at any location (and why not--it isn't like they don't have the ingredients).  Photo isn't mine--check out Ranker's list on the same topic.

This will kill you.
4: Monster Mac - An eight-patty Big Mac.  This sandwich is the stuff of legend (in that it may not really exist, and I'd bet you'd have a hard time finding a McDonald's to make one).  This is the only photo I could find, and it's all over the place (I got it from KevinMD).  It further supports my myth hypothesis.

3: Cheese Delight - No photos anywhere!  But this is the only one on the list that I've ever ordered.  A dozen years ago, a friend told me about the secret menu and hooked me on the idea with the Cheese Delight--hamburger buns turned upside-down, pressed flat, and grilled with two slices of cheese in between.   And, no--the check-out person had no idea what I was talking about, called the manager over, the manager was clueless, and I left with a Big Mac.

The Arabic translates to: "Tastes like chicken!"  
2: Big MacChicken - Judging by the Arabic writing, this may be available in Arab-speaking countries.  All I know is that I've never seen it on a U.S. menu.  It's simply a Big Mac with chicken instead of beef patties.  A "healthy" alternative to the Big Mac?  Yeah, not so much; but still...

At a strategy meeting that never happened: "The double cheeseburger is great, but we get a lot of complaints, mainly that the beef isn't chicken!  So here's the plan..."
1: McGangBang - I've heard of two variants: one, a double cheeseburger with a chicken patty slipped between the beef patties; the other, a double cheeseburger with a whole chicken sandwich slipped between the beef patties.  I'd like to think it's the former (since the latter is something any schmuck can make on his own).  Either way, it gets the number 1 spot because it might be brilliant.  Go ahead, try ordering one.  With your kids.  Then explain.  Then tell us how it went.  (There are tons of pics of this one; I pulled mine from here.)

I would love to hear from anybody with experience in this area--did you work at a McDonald's and know of the secret menu?  Did you ever order from the secret menu?  Are there other secret menu items that should bump one of these from the list?  Please comment below, and don't forget to "like" our new Facebook page and "share" the hell out of this post!

26 comments:

  1. First of all, this post blows my mind because it's still Friday here. I'm also still at work and it's past nine.

    In and Out Burger is famous around here for also having a secret menu. But only the cook kids know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea McDs had a secret menu, although I'm generally a chicken mcnugget guy....  I did know about In and Out's secret menu, which rocks. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant the cool kids.  If only the kook kids knew about it, it wouldn't be a bragging point...  Then again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frakking autocorrect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't eat McD's, for various reasons. At Wendys, though, I have concocted the Cheep Caesar to help me get rid of hunger pangs on the road with only change floating around. It is simply a small Caesar salad with chicken nuggets torn into it. Both items are on the value menu, so it usually comes up to less than $3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I very much hope this is real because most of those sound and look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I question the existence of this menu based solely on pricing.  I'm pretty sure the cash register buttons list the exact name of items and ordering something that doesn't match a button would be inconceivable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. McNuggets are pretty good.  In fact, if you've ever seen the videos and pictures of the pink sludge comprised of bleached excess chicken bits that is typically used to make nuggets and patties, you'll be happy to know that McDonald's hasn't used that stuff since the early aughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds delicious and cheap--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, agreed, although they also seem a bit dangerous...  We've worked so hard to extend our life expectancy--wouldn't it be ironic if it started slipping again but only in areas where they serve the McDonald's secret menu items?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I thought about that too...  

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being from Alaska, I can vouche for the McKinley Mac (at least here).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poprocks_and_coke33April 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM

    I happen to work at McDonalds. Those items are not on the menu. But, say you want the McGangBang. The employee would hit the double cheese burger button then go under grill to add a chicken patty.  Same thing with the other ones, you just go under grill and add or take off what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome--have you actually had this happen?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ordered a Chicken Mac in St. Martin in the Caribbean, its just like a Big Mac except insead of beef patties, there were chicken patties commonly found in the mcChicken.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome--was it actually on the menu?  How did you know to order in St. Martin of all places?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i actaully lived in Alaska (was stationed at Ft Wainwright which is in Fairbanks AK) and the McKinley mac was actually on the menu, and it was pretty much the only thing i would order

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this!  You're the second verification from Alaska--I'm about ready to take this off the "secret" menu!  lol...  Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love In-N-Out Secret Menu Items. It was so great for low carbing! Here's the list on Ranker http://www.ranker.com/list/in-n-out-secret-menu-items/secret-menu-items

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Animal styles" sounds awesome!  Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I used to work there and on the old computers there was a button for special items. And there is a blt, a quadruple Quater pounder a triple cheese Burger a Bacon cheese Burger double big Mac that has two Patty's on each bun

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, that's awesome.  I wonder what the single most expensive item is on the secret menu...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm working over in Bahrain right now and had a (Spicey) Chicken Big Mac today. It was awesome! I really wish they would bring this to the states!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That sounds great! Wendy's has a good spicy chicken sandwich, but I haven't seen a spicy burger really at any of the chains. It would be a welcome addition!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's not McDonald's making it up...its the customers..and the internet

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, that makes me happy--the Kooz Top 5 is perpetuating the existence of these things!

    ReplyDelete