Thursday, March 1, 2012

Top 5 Reasons My Man Card Should Be Revoked

This all starts from my buddy Kevin who determined that I should lose my man card after seeing that I joined pinterest.com.  I'm going to support him and offer up the top 5 reasons why I may not deserve to carry my man card.

5: I cry at sad commercials.  I don't want to, I just do.  They're designed to do that though.

4: I don't care about cars.  I think cool cars look cool, but I couldn't give a shit what's under the hood, whether it's got a Hemi or not (which I suspect is a just marketing ploy anyhow), or what size the engine is.  I don't even understand most basic car things.  I just don't care.

3: I sing Jason Mraz to my baby boy.  I mean all the time.  Like, I have a problem.

2: I enjoy musical theater.  My wife works in theater advertising, so we've been to a bunch of Broadway and Off-Broadway shows, and I love them.

1: I listen to Tori Amos.  I like plenty of guy music too--Jay-Z, G 'n R, a bunch of other initials...  But I like chick music, and especially like Tori Amos.  It's a double whammy because she's not even hot.

So...  should I lose my man card?  Are any of these things acceptable?  Let me know what you think in the comments below.  I'll defend myself in a future post...

10 comments:

  1. Maybe they forgot do give you one?  lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!.....gotta fix this, right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know what they say, admitting you have a problem is the first step.   (I find number 3 particularly disturbing.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just noticed the title of your post on “Step Away From the Mall” and had to check this out.  Hilarious!  You should know that you are in good company.  Not only am I also guilty of No. 1, but I took it one step further: I named my first born daughter after Tori Amos! We named her “Myra” which is Tori Amos’s real name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love SAFTM--one of the PF blogs I read regularly--glad you found me through there!  Hope you visit again!  Myra is a pretty name--good choice!  

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you're tall enough to pull all of this off. Me - not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think there's such a thing as "pulling off" listening to Tori Amos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your half blood brother came back from a vacation and told my now x wife. All the man talk accept the line of bullshit he was saying. Pat Senart your card has been pulled

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm adding a Number 6.  I've joined Pinterest.  Automatic Man Card revoked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha--so true!  I actually joined when it was new and I didn't know anything about it.  Caught hell from my friends.  Took me 5 minutes on the site to get why!

    ReplyDelete