Saturday, April 21, 2012

Top 5 Reasons I'm Losing My Hair

Guest Blogger Sooz offers up today's top 5:

Buy this weave, get this hairbrush FREE!
I'm a woman in my 30's, I'm healthy and I take care of myself, yet I noticed that the shower drain keeps getting stopped-up with my hair!  And I don't mean the normal amount, I mean enough to glue together into a small cat (okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's a lot of hair!).  I've thought about reasons why this may be happening, and here's the best I could come up with.  And sorry, fellas, I'm taken.

5. I have kids- If my two kids aren't literally pulling out my hair, they are making me figuratively pull it out myself.

4. I JUST had a kid - Preggos take note: no one tells you that the hair your body stopped shedding during your pregnancy will all fall out in disturbing quantities after you've given birth to one of the angels (from #5 above).

3. I'm getting old - I've recently discovered some gray hairs which is completely unacceptable.  Therefore, I pull them out myself.

I heard "hair bands" but was expecting something like Poison or Def Leppard  
2. Hair Thingies - Ladies, you know what I mean!  I am incapable of taking out a ponytail without ripping out some hair along with the elastic.

1. I'm blond - Well, I used to be blond but my hair has gotten darker over the years and is now more of a light brown.  Occasionally I see a completely black hair show up and I simply can't have that when I'm still deluding myself about being a blond.  So... I pluck it out.  Which, if you think about it, is really pretty blond of me!

So really, I'm pretty sure it's the "just had a baby" thing, but who knows...  What do you think?  Share your thoughts below and while you're here, like us on Facebook and share us with your friends (balding or hairy)!

6 comments:

  1. Definitely the baby thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's what I said... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I didn't have a baby...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about genetic reasons, there is a great probability that it would be genes. i don't know, i experience hair loss because my parents had. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could be...I'll have to look into that!

    ReplyDelete