Thursday, July 12, 2012

Top 5 Things My Son Likes at a Nature Center

Sooz is in today.  Therapy only 5 cents.  (What ever happened to the cent symbol?)


We are lucky enough to live near a nature center which I sometimes take my son to.  It has plenty of farm animals and even some exotic rescued animals like giant tortoises and iguanas.  But don't be silly, the animals aren't my son's favorite attractions.  Below are the top five things he has been overjoyed to see.

If you see a clown face in there, walk away!
5. Sewer drain - "There's water in there!"  Yes, and there's a cow over there!  Not interested.

4. Hose - Yup, a regular, run-of-the-mill garden hose.

Funky, funky.
3. Cantaloupe - Although in my opinion, this is the money fruit (sorry honeydew), when a very cool blue and orange rainforest tree frog is right next to it, the amphibian should get the attention.

Is O.J. Simpson a farmer now?
2. Trucks - On the drive to the farm I asked my son what we would see there.  "Trucks."  But of course.

Sweep the leg, Johnny.

1. Someone sweeping - I understand that this is a novelty since he never sees this happen at home, but there was an alligator and a tarantula there too!

Do you also think these things are more interesting than farm animals?  Tell us below!  And don't forget to visit us on Facebook and tell your friends to "like" us!

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing he's not going to grow up to be a veterinarian.


    Gold star for the "Us3" reference. Just a silver for "The Karate Kid," though.

    ReplyDelete