Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Top 5 Incorrect 5th Grade Rhymes

There were all kinds of songs and jingles that classmates put into my head when I was 10 or so.  As I think back, I'm reminded how clueless 10-year-olds can be.  Here are the top 5 incorrect things I learned from songs and rhymes in 5th grade.


5: Popeye the Sailor Man neither lives in a garbage can, nor eats worms and germs.  Toot toot!

4: When you're swimming in the pool and you feel something cool, it is almost never diarrhea.

3: Milk, okay.  Milk, sure.  Lemonade?  Not so much...  Don't even get me started on the fudge 'round the corner.

2: There is not a piece of glass behind the refrigerator.  I checked.  And even if there were, nobody would sit upon it and cut their big fat ask me no more questions.

1: It turns out that on the other side of France where the naked ladies dance, there is not a hole in the wall where the men can see it all.  I've checked it out on Google Maps.

Hope you guys remember the originals (otherwise most of these make no sense and are just gross).  If you think of more, we'd love for you to share in the comments or on our Facebook page (where we'd also love for you to like us)!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, nice! I remember questioning a few of these as a kid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can recall being worried when I found out I was in trouble...


    ...But once I knew it was with Mr. Bubble, I could finally breathe easy again. I didn't know him personally, so it seemed like it wasn't going to be a problem.


    Though based upon this Top 5, I'm beginning to think I was never in trouble at all.

    ReplyDelete