Friday, August 10, 2012

Top 5 "Life of Brian" Quotes

Monty Python's Life of Brian came out in 1979 and has developed a growing following ever since.  Typical of Python's irreverent humor, Life of Brian follows the life of Brian, born 2,000 years ago in the manger next to Jesus.  As an adult, a series of mishaps results in his being treated as the Messiah.  Hilarity ensues.  Here's our favorite quotes from the movie.  

5: Brian: I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen? I am not the Messiah, do you understand? Honestly! 
Girl: Only the true Messiah denies His divinity.
Brian: What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me? All right! I am the Messiah!
Followers: He is! He is the Messiah!
Brian: Now, fuck off!
[silence]
Arthur: How shall we fuck off, O Lord?

4: Brian's mother: [Taking the gifts from the Three Wise Men and pushing them out the door.]  Er, well, um, if you're dropping by again, do pop in. Heh. And thanks a lot for the gold and frankincense, er, but don't worry too much about the myrrh next time. All right? Heh. Thank you. Good-bye. 

The Judean People's Front.  (Or is it the People's Front of Judea?)
3: Mrs. Big Nose: [trying to hear Jesus' sermon on the mount] Oh, it's blessed are the MEEK! Oh, I'm glad they're getting something, they have a hell of a time. 
...
Reg: What Jesus blatantly fails to appreciate is that it's the meek who are the problem. 

2: Spectator I: I think it was "Blessed are the cheesemakers". 
Mrs. Gregory: Aha, what's so special about the cheesemakers?
Gregory: Well, obviously it's not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products. 

1: Brian: No, no. Please, please please listen. I've got one or two things to say.
The Crowd: Tell us! Tell us both of them!
Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong. You don't need to follow me. You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!
The Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You're all different!
The Crowd: Yes! We're all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...
Man in crowd: Shhh!
Brian: You've all got to work it out for yourselves.
The Crowd: Yes! We've got to work it out for ourselves!
Brian: Exactly!
The Crowd: Tell us more!
There are many more funny quotes--please feel free to add them in the comments below!  And as always, like us on Facebook--it makes us happy!

6 comments:

  1. I now have to watch this movie again ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Let's set up a viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You were raped? Well, at first yes!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked it, but it didn't quite strike me as strongly as "The Holy Grail." Granted, I only saw it for the first time a couple of years ago, so maybe I wasn't as impressionable as I needed to be.


    Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, Holy Grail is the Holy Grail of Python comedies...

    ReplyDelete
  6. great quotes. i really enjoy of reading them. thanks a loot.

    ReplyDelete