Thursday, January 10, 2013

Top 5 Predictions for 2013

Last year, we made predictions for 2012, and as it turns out, we are better than the psychics!   So of course, we are doing the same for 2013.  We've peered into our crystal ball, looked at our Tarot cards, then we simply asked our most frequent writers to make their best guests.  Here's our top 5 predictions for 2013.

5: Dan predicts: Fanboys will be so torn about the upcoming Star Wars trilogy (which won't be in theaters til 2015) that several new websites will pop up downing it, or hyping it, including fan made trailers about how it will suck, or be awesome.

4: Sooz predicts: Guy Smiley will be embroiled in a game show rigging scandal.

3: Dan predicts: That someone will again come up with a new end times prediction!

2: Christie predicts: As I write this, it is still a couple of days before the well-known Mayan end of the world 12-21-12 dealio we’ve been hearing about for quite some time now.  I’m assuming we’re all going to make it, so I figured I’d share my personal thoughts on what 2013 will bring.  (However if we don’t make it, well then, just ignore this post.)  Personally I’m looking forward to 2013.  Although I do believe there will be global domination by a very strong entity.  This particular group has been slowly moving towards total world-wide control over the past year and it seems to be a real threat. I speak of course about Big Bang Theory.   What started out as an innocent half-hour of comedic pleasure on Monday evenings has been growing and growing to a phenomenon unlike any other we’ve seen before!  Marathons of it are on three days a week, it is on late-night TV, it is now even taking slots of shows that have recently been cancelled.  How could we have missed this?  For it is written: “and the geeks shall inherit the earth.” It has affected my life in very personal ways.  The names of Sheldon, Leonard, Wolowitz and Kuthrapali are used in everyday conversation.  I can’t walk into a room without knocking three times and saying, “Penny” after each 3-knock sequence.  When I am sick, I sing ‘Soft Kitty’ to myself.  And I’ve changed my Wi-Fi password to “Pennyisafreeloader” (no spaces).  Big Bang is starting to have as much power as Law and Order: SVU and just like SVU, I find myself watching it almost every single time it’s on.  If it wasn’t such a good show, obviously, there would be no reason to air it as much as it does.  And unlike other shows, this one keeps getting funnier as their seasons go on.  By the end of 2013, it is my prediction that Big Bang will be on 24/7, taking only Flag Day off, and will be greeted by the masses with cheer and jubilation. Happy New Year Everyone--BAZINGA!

1: Kooz predicts: Everyone in Christie's neighborhood (or those who make it through her entire post) will steal her internet and give thanks to the Kooz Top 5 for providing her password.

We'd love to hear your predictions below--make 'em serious, make 'em funny, just make 'em.  We'll look back in a year and see how we all did!

4 comments:

  1. Sure wish I lived close to Christie! I could have free internets, AND have a place to watch some TV every night, as that show is on just about all the time now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my defense, I thought we were ALL doing long posts! lol But that's ok, I'll take the heat. Dan's end of days prediction is a good one since this year ends in '13' (however, that's my lucky #) and the fact that Guy Smiley got a nod is simply awesome! Happy New Year All!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I predict former child actress, Lindsay Lohan, will get embroiled in a scrape with the law. Or die. Possibly both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone, somewhere will sneeze. Let's see who's right first.

    ReplyDelete