Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Gilbert Gottfried's Bird Voice Acting Roles

Gilbert Gottfried has made a career out of voicing birds.  Oh, and being a comedian.  But the bird thing is really weird--he plays a lot of birds...

5: The Woodpecker (Timon & Pumbaa) - Gilbert plays a mean looking woodpecker in this straight-to-video sequel to The Lion King.

4: Duck (Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events) - Don't care about the movie at all; didn't see it; whatever.  But I understand Gilbert plays a duck.

3: Digit (Cyberchase) - I've watched this show with my kid, mainly because it has Gilbert doing this bird's voice and Christopher Lloyd as the bad guy.

2: Aflac Duck - He was fired form this role after Tweeting some jokes about the Tsunami that ravaged Japan a few years back.  Aflac then hired a much cheaper hack who sounds exactly like Gilbert to voice the duck. A cynical person would say Aflac used the opportunity to dump Gilbert's salary and hire someone much cheaper.

1: Iago (Aladdin) - I'm so ticked off, I'm molting!  Great movie, great character, great gig for Gilbert.  He didn't even need to do a voice--it's just him.

I would personally love to see an animated bird acting out Gilbert's telling of The Aristocrats, but maybe that's just me.  Comments below, like us on Facebook, find us on Twitter @KoozTop5, yada yada yada...

No comments:

Post a Comment